Symposium “Visualization and Human-Computer” within the IRF’2009 Conference – Announce & Call for Pa

tavares

(Apologies for cross-posting)

Symposium on “Visualization and Human-Computer”
3rd International Conference on Integrity, Reliability & Failure
(IRF’2009)
Faculty of Engineering, University of Porto, Porto – PORTUGAL, 20-24
July 2009
http://paginas.fe.up.pt/clme/IRF2009/index.htm

(We would appreciate if you could distribute this information by your
colleagues and co-workers.)

Dear Colleague,

Within the 3rd International Conference on Integrity, Reliability &
Failure (IRF’2009), to be held in FEUP, Porto, Portugal, in July
20-24, 2009, we are organizing the Symposium “Visualization and Human-
Computer”.
Examples of some topics that will be considered are: Scientific Data
Visualization, Spatial Data in Visualization, Data Processing and
Analysis, Information Visualization, Visualization Techniques, Large
Data Visualization, Image Processing and Analysis, Hardware for
Visualization, Human-Computer Interaction, Visual Analytics, Visual
Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery, Human Perception, Interface
Design, Evaluation and User Studies, Software Development, Grid and
High Performance Computing, Applications in Engineering, Biomechanics,
Bioinformatics, Bioimaging, Physical, Earth, Space, Environmental and
Information Sciences.
Due to your research activities in those fields, we would like to
invite you to submit your work and participate in the Symposium
“Visualization and Human-Computer”.

For instructions and submission, please access to the conference
website at:
http://paginas.fe.up.pt/clme/IRF2009/index.htm
Please note that, when submitting your work you should select the
Symposium #7 “Visualization and Human-Computer”.

Important dates:

- February 28, 2009: Deadline for abstract submission;
- March 21, 2009: Notification of abstract acceptance;
- May 10, 2009: Receipt of Full Papers;
- July 20-24, 2009: Conference Events.

Kind regards,

João Manuel R. S. Tavares (University of Porto, Portugal,
(e-mail address removed))
Renato Natal Jorge (University of Porto, Portugal, (e-mail address removed))
(Symposium organizers)