Synchronization between pages?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by CKKwan, Jun 22, 2008.

  1. CKKwan

    CKKwan Guest

    1. A user log in to my page.

    2. Right click at one of the link and bring up another IE window.

    3. The two IE Windows are under the same session.

    4. I can access the same session valirables using Page.Session["abc"].

    Question:

    Can I synchronize them using

    lock (Page.Session)
    {
    Page.Session["abdc"];
    }

    If not, how?

    TIA
    CKKwan, Jun 22, 2008

  2. CKKwan

    Munna Guest

    On Jun 22, 2:46 pm, CKKwan <> wrote:
    > 1. A user log in to my page.
    >
    > 2. Right click at one of the link and bring up another IE window.
    >
    > 3. The two IE Windows are under the same session.
    >
    > 4. I can access the same session valirables using Page.Session["abc"].
    >
    > Question:
    >
    > Can I synchronize them using
    >
    > lock (Page.Session)
    > {
    >     Page.Session["abdc"];
    >
    > }
    >
    > If not, how?
    >
    > TIA

    Hi..

    "Can I synchronize them?"

    session remain in server...

    whenever any one change the server keep the last one...

    and after change you got use server push/pull method to keep the other
    window update...

    exactly what is your requirement?

    Best of luck

    Munna
    www.munna.shatkotha.com
    www.munna.shatkotha.com/blog
    www.shatkotha.com
    Munna, Jun 22, 2008

  3. CKKwan

    Guest

    Munna,

    Thanks for the reply.

    I just wish to Synchronise the access. As I have mentioned earlier,
    there will have multiple pages accessing this Session object and I
    wish it to be synchronized. Do not want a supprise where the content
    is changed in the middle of no where.

    TIA

    On Jun 22, 5:09 pm, Munna <> wrote:
    > On Jun 22, 2:46 pm, CKKwan <> wrote:
    >

    > Hi..
    >
    > "Can I synchronize them?"
    >
    > session remain in server...
    >
    > whenever any one change the server keep the last one...
    >
    > and after change you got use server push/pull method to keep the other
    > window update...
    >
    > exactly what is your requirement?
    >
    > Best of luck
    >
    > Munnawww.munna.shatkotha.comwww.munna.shatkotha.com/blogwww.shatkotha.com- Hide quoted text -

    , Jun 22, 2008
  4. CKKwan

    clintonG Guest

    Please repeat after me:

    I have a shitty architecture and the roof is going to fall in someday and
    kill everybody.

    clintonG, Jun 22, 2008
  5. CKKwan

    bruce barker Guest

    there is no need, asp.net handles this. it only allows 1 request access
    to the same session at a time, any other are queued up and processed
    after the first one completes.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Jun 23, 2008