    loaded before the most important one - loaded about 5 seconds later.
    Is there a way to synchronize the output so that the other frames wait for
    the last one to load?
    Art, Aug 11, 2004

  2. Art

    Ray at Guest

    You could use client side code as such:

    Main frame page:
    <frameset rows="100,*">
    <frame name="topFrame" src="/pleaseWaitWhileLoading.htm">
    <frameset cols="100,*">
    <frame name="leftFrame" src="/pleaseWaitWhileLoading.htm">
    <frame name="mainFrame" src="/yourPageThatIsSlow.asp">
    </frameset>
    </frameset>

    And then in yourPageThatIsSlow.asp do:

    <%
    '''your code
    %>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    parent.topFrame.location.replace('/whatPageShouldReallyBeInTheTopFrame.asp')
    ;
    parent.leftFrame.location.replace('/whatPageShouldReallyBeInTheLeftFrame.asp
    ');
    </script>

    Ray at home

    "Art" <> wrote in message
    > I have an ASP page split up with three different frames. One of the frames
    > takes long time to load (due to long running function) and the first two

    are
    Ray at, Aug 12, 2004