Synchronizing 2 Servers

Stephen

Hi,

I have to keep 2 server's folders in sync as they are used for load
balancing purpose. I tried to create a FileSystemWatcher Service and found
out that it goes to an infinite loop and Locking when I am trying to get
them in sync

Is there another alternative way of doing this?

Thanks in advance,
Stephen

anonymike

Use a shared storage solution and store your web files there. I'm not
100% sure, but I don't see why you couldn't create one directory on one
machine and store all webfiles there, pointing the second machine to
the first to get it's files.

Of course, this provides no redundancy for your environment, if the
file serving machine goes down, the whole cluster becomes unavailable.
If you place the files on a third machine and link the two webservers
to the third machine, either web server can go down and you would still
be able to serve pages.

Mike