    Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Chris

    Christopher D. Wiederspan, Jul 30, 2003

  2. You could look at Windows 2000 DFS replication to make this happen.
    Also, be sure that if you are using forms authentication that you match the
    machine.key in the web.config on both machines. If not, the user's token
    will be rejected by the other webserver.

    Michael
    "Christopher D. Wiederspan" <> wrote in message
    > We are getting ready to move an ASP.NET application off of a single
    > development machine and onto a "webfarm". Basically our webfarm is a bunch
    > of identical servers with the load-balancing provided by a network
    > appliance. What I'm wondering is what is the best way to keep the ASP.NET
    > (.aspx and .dll) files synchronized across all of the servers in the farm.
    > Our ASP.NET application is very simple - we could just copy the content to
    > all of the servers in the farm, but with a large farm, it's fairly messy

    > ensure that everything gets updated systematically.
    >
    > Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Chris

    ---

    Michael Pearson, Jul 30, 2003

  3. Hello Chris,

    Thanks for Matt and Michael's suggestion.

    Besides synchronizing the file contents of asp.net application in web farm, we also need to pay attention to synchronizing the
    cache if you are using caching in asp.net

    Please refer to http://www.eggheadcafe.com/articles/20030420.asp for details.

    For synchronizing server keys and sharing encryption key values across the Web farm, please refer to MSDN article
    "Best Practices for Authentication for Web Farms"
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/sysadmin/htm/cms_sa_au_user_pjnh.asp?frame=true

    Hope them help.

    Best regards,
    Yanhong Huang
    Microsoft Online Partner Support

    --------------------
    !From: "Christopher D. Wiederspan" <>
    !Subject: Synchronizing ASP.NET Content Across WebFarm
    !Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 08:40:55 -0600
    !Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
    !
    !We are getting ready to move an ASP.NET application off of a single
    !development machine and onto a "webfarm". Basically our webfarm is a bunch
    !of identical servers with the load-balancing provided by a network
    !appliance. What I'm wondering is what is the best way to keep the ASP.NET
    !(.aspx and .dll) files synchronized across all of the servers in the farm.
    !Our ASP.NET application is very simple - we could just copy the content to
    !all of the servers in the farm, but with a large farm, it's fairly messy to

    Yan-Hong Huang[MSFT], Aug 1, 2003