Synchronous Call ?

KaNos

Hi,
"robot script pages" are html+javascript pages, can be played in aspx
player. So in this tech, robot call aspx player's function (an interface is
sheared) and wait a result synchronously with a javascript method. I try it
with GetCallbackEventReference but this tech works async. Could I use a
javascript function with a sync call ?
Thaks for responses,

Kevin Spencer

I'm just dying to find out what an "aspx player" is. Can you record with it
too? Is it portable? Where can I buy one?

Other than that, I can't make a lick of sense out of your question. Could
you try again?

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
Professional Chicken Salad Alchemist

Sequence, Selection, Iteration.

KaNos

Sorry Kevin,
So I try again, I have to describe all componant.

First, a robot script page is a html page with javascript. In the onload of
this page, a javascript function search a javascript object TRRobot. So this
"robot script page" is in a frame (with iframe tag) of an aspx page (the
aspx player). When the "robot script page" (RSP) found the TRRobot, it can
use two "public" functions "Getter" and "Setter" like an interface.

When the function "string Getter(parameters)" is used, it call a javacripts
function "PlayerGetter" which fires a callback event with
ICallbackEventHandler and must send a value (property of a .net objet save
in the session). But with this method, I can see the function PlayerGetter
executed all but with no return because the result is used by an another
function (GetCallbackResult call another javascript method).

I think i've a solution, a sleep in PlayerGetter, the return of
GetCallbackResult to an hiddenfield, and PlayGetter return the value in this
hiddenField. But i think is bad...really bad.

A new solution please...
Thanks,

Kevin Spencer

Thanks KaNos,

After reading it over a couple of times, I think I understand the problem!

I don't see why you need a hidden field, as JavaScript objects do not
encapsulate, and are, in fact, not really object-oriented at all, but more
of a convenience. You should be able to access the data directly from a
variable which the CallBack function can create. As for the sleep, I don't
see a problem with it on the client side. You can use setInterval to check
every second or so.