    with GetCallbackEventReference but this tech works async. Could I use a
    javascript function with a sync call ?
    Thaks for responses,
    KaNos, Jul 26, 2006

  2. I'm just dying to find out what an "aspx player" is. Can you record with it
    too? Is it portable? Where can I buy one?

    Other than that, I can't make a lick of sense out of your question. Could
    you try again?

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP
    Professional Chicken Salad Alchemist

    Sequence, Selection, Iteration.

    Kevin Spencer, Jul 26, 2006

  3. KaNos

    KaNos Guest

    Sorry Kevin,
    So I try again, I have to describe all componant.

    First, a robot script page is a html page with javascript. In the onload of
    this page, a javascript function search a javascript object TRRobot. So this
    "robot script page" is in a frame (with iframe tag) of an aspx page (the
    aspx player). When the "robot script page" (RSP) found the TRRobot, it can
    use two "public" functions "Getter" and "Setter" like an interface.

    When the function "string Getter(parameters)" is used, it call a javacripts
    function "PlayerGetter" which fires a callback event with
    ICallbackEventHandler and must send a value (property of a .net objet save
    in the session). But with this method, I can see the function PlayerGetter
    executed all but with no return because the result is used by an another
    function (GetCallbackResult call another javascript method).

    I think i've a solution, a sleep in PlayerGetter, the return of
    GetCallbackResult to an hiddenfield, and PlayGetter return the value in this
    hiddenField. But i think is bad...really bad.

    A new solution please...
    Thanks,

    %...

    KaNos, Jul 26, 2006
  4. Thanks KaNos,

    After reading it over a couple of times, I think I understand the problem!

    I don't see why you need a hidden field, as JavaScript objects do not
    encapsulate, and are, in fact, not really object-oriented at all, but more
    of a convenience. You should be able to access the data directly from a
    variable which the CallBack function can create. As for the sleep, I don't
    see a problem with it on the client side. You can use setInterval to check
    every second or so.

    Kevin Spencer, Jul 26, 2006