    TIA,
    --
    Jorge.

    Jorge, Jun 12, 2009

  2. Jorge

    Jorge Guest

    On Jun 12, 9:15 am, Jorge <> wrote:
    > Where in the w3 specs are those specified ?
    >
    > Only mutation events are dispatched synchronously ?

    What other events are synchronous ? I've found this:

    (1)"Switch the object to the OPENED state, set the send() flag to
    "false" and then *synchronously* dispatch a readystatechange event on
    the object and return the method call."

    and this:

    (2)"If an event if fired explicitly through script using the
    dispatchEvent()-method (fireEvent() in Internet Explorer), the event
    is dispatched immediately"

    (1) http://www.w3.org/TR/XMLHttpRequest/#open
    (2) http://dev.opera.com/articles/view/timing-and-synchronization-in-javascript/

    TIA,