Synchronous form field validation with Atlas/AJAX against a databa

Guest

Okay, so javascript validation is all well and good, but how would I use that
to stay synchronous if I am validating against a server side database? Can I
use some sort of modal dialog/loadingscreen? if so, how would I go about
doing that?

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

ajax is async. if you want to validate a postback with an ajax library, then
have the ajax completion routine do the postback, not the button click.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Laurent Bugnion

Hi,
ajax is async. if you want to validate a postback with an ajax library, then
have the ajax completion routine do the postback, not the button click.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

It is possible to send synchronous requests using XmlHttpRequest
objects. However, I would really recommend against that, as the whole
JavaScript engine is blocked waiting for the response.

HTH,
Laurent