Synchronous XML Interface

Discussion in 'Java' started by dougjrs@gmail.com, Feb 17, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Good Afternoon Everyone!

    I am trying to create a small application that will interface with
    another application using an XML interface. This interface allows me
    to send an XML file and then receive an XML file that contains the
    responce to my request.

    At a higl level here is how it will hopefully work:

    1) My application will receive data in HTTP headers
    2) My application will create an XML file with the data from the HTTP
    headers
    3) My application will send the XML to other application
    4) The other application will respond synchronous with an XML file
    5) My application will take actions based on what is in the XML file

    (file may not be the correct term, it would be more of a data steam
    because no file should be created)

    I have been looking at javax.xml.rpc, but it is a lot to try and wade
    throuhg.

    Can anyone provide any hints on where I could find more information
    about doing this or maybe some sample code?

    Thanks,
    Doug

    , Feb 17, 2007

  2. Sanjay Guest

    wrote:
    > Good Afternoon Everyone!
    >
    > I am trying to create a small application that will interface with
    > another application using an XML interface. This interface allows me
    > to send an XML file and then receive an XML file that contains the
    > responce to my request.
    >
    > At a higl level here is how it will hopefully work:
    >
    > 1) My application will receive data in HTTP headers
    > 2) My application will create an XML file with the data from the HTTP
    > headers
    > 3) My application will send the XML to other application
    > 4) The other application will respond synchronous with an XML file
    > 5) My application will take actions based on what is in the XML file
    >
    > (file may not be the correct term, it would be more of a data steam
    > because no file should be created)
    >
    > I have been looking at javax.xml.rpc, but it is a lot to try and wade
    > throuhg.
    >
    > Can anyone provide any hints on where I could find more information
    > about doing this or maybe some sample code?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Doug

    Can you do it with web services?

    Sanjay, Feb 18, 2007

  3. Karl Uppiano Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Good Afternoon Everyone!
    >
    > I am trying to create a small application that will interface with
    > another application using an XML interface. This interface allows me
    > to send an XML file and then receive an XML file that contains the
    > responce to my request.
    >
    > At a higl level here is how it will hopefully work:
    >
    > 1) My application will receive data in HTTP headers
    > 2) My application will create an XML file with the data from the HTTP
    > headers
    > 3) My application will send the XML to other application
    > 4) The other application will respond synchronous with an XML file
    > 5) My application will take actions based on what is in the XML file
    >
    > (file may not be the correct term, it would be more of a data steam
    > because no file should be created)
    >
    > I have been looking at javax.xml.rpc, but it is a lot to try and wade
    > throuhg.
    >
    > Can anyone provide any hints on where I could find more information
    > about doing this or maybe some sample code?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Doug

    You should check this out:
    http://java.sun.com/webservices/docs/2.0/tutorial/doc/

    Read up on javax.ws.xml.Endpoint, because you do not really need an
    appserver or even Tomcat to publish if you have JDK 1.6.

    Karl Uppiano, Feb 18, 2007
  4. Karl Uppiano Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Good Afternoon Everyone!
    >
    > I am trying to create a small application that will interface with
    > another application using an XML interface. This interface allows me
    > to send an XML file and then receive an XML file that contains the
    > responce to my request.
    >
    > At a higl level here is how it will hopefully work:
    >
    > 1) My application will receive data in HTTP headers
    > 2) My application will create an XML file with the data from the HTTP
    > headers
    > 3) My application will send the XML to other application
    > 4) The other application will respond synchronous with an XML file
    > 5) My application will take actions based on what is in the XML file
    >
    > (file may not be the correct term, it would be more of a data steam
    > because no file should be created)
    >
    > I have been looking at javax.xml.rpc, but it is a lot to try and wade
    > throuhg.
    >
    > Can anyone provide any hints on where I could find more information
    > about doing this or maybe some sample code?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Doug

    Oops, typo on my previous post.
    Should be javax.xml.ws.Endpoint.
    http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/javax/xml/ws/Endpoint.html

    Karl Uppiano, Feb 18, 2007

    Thanks for the information!

    I am thinking that SOAP would be the best way to go at this time. My
    XML does have to be HR-XML so hopefully I can do that.

    Thanks!
    Doug

    , Feb 19, 2007