Synchronous XML Interface

dougjrs

Good Afternoon Everyone!

I am trying to create a small application that will interface with
another application using an XML interface. This interface allows me
to send an XML file and then receive an XML file that contains the
responce to my request.

At a higl level here is how it will hopefully work:

1) My application will receive data in HTTP headers
2) My application will create an XML file with the data from the HTTP
headers
3) My application will send the XML to other application
4) The other application will respond synchronous with an XML file
5) My application will take actions based on what is in the XML file

(file may not be the correct term, it would be more of a data steam
because no file should be created)

I have been looking at javax.xml.rpc, but it is a lot to try and wade
throuhg.

Can anyone provide any hints on where I could find more information
about doing this or maybe some sample code?

Thanks,
Doug

Sanjay

[...]

Can you do it with web services?

Karl Uppiano

[...]

You should check this out:
http://java.sun.com/webservices/docs/2.0/tutorial/doc/

Read up on javax.ws.xml.Endpoint, because you do not really need an
appserver or even Tomcat to publish if you have JDK 1.6.

[...]

Oops, typo on my previous post.
Should be javax.xml.ws.Endpoint.
http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/javax/xml/ws/Endpoint.html

dougjrs

Thanks for the information!

I am thinking that SOAP would be the best way to go at this time. My
XML does have to be HR-XML so hopefully I can do that.

Thanks!
Doug