    What I haven't found out is how I actually get them to show up on my site. I
    downloaded an aggregator called NewsCrawler and i'm a little stumped on what
    to do next... Do I have to install some sort of parser on my server?

    dmsc17454_2, Jun 2, 2004

  2. dmsc17454_2 wrote:

    <snip>

    RSS.

    > What I haven't found out is how I actually get them to show up on my site.
    > I downloaded an aggregator called NewsCrawler and i'm a little stumped on
    > what to do next...

    Forget about NewsCrawler - it looks very much like it is for rss->desktop,
    not rss->website.

    > Do I have to install some sort of parser on my server?

    Yes. And No.

    The _good_ way is to install some sort of parser on your server. The
    specifics depend on your server environment. Google can help here (e.g. if
    you can use Perl then you should google for Perl RSS).

    There are also third party services which will do the syndication for you
    and give you some JavaScript to document.write their content on your site.
    This is easy, but poor quality.

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

    David Dorward, Jun 2, 2004