    remotely (SSH) without any graphical "connection"?

    Thanks in advance.

    /Kenneth
    Kenneth Brun Nielsen, May 9, 2005

  2. Kenneth Brun Nielsen wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > This might not be the best group, but I was not able to find a better one...
    >
    > Does anyone knows whether it is possible to Synthesize a VHDL design with
    > Synopsys design_analyzer from a UNIX command prompt. I need to do it
    > remotely (SSH) without any graphical "connection"?

    I haven't used Synopsys for a few years, but it certainly used to be
    possible. In fact, it used to be the only way available to run it. The
    command was 'dc_shell' but, now that Synopsys uses Tcl as the script
    language, it might be something else (tcl_shell?).

    Synopsys' documentation is extensive so I'm sure the answer is in there.
    The help system was called SOLD (Synopsys OnLine Documentation) and it
    came on at least two separate CDs.
    Tim Hubberstey, May 9, 2005

  3. Kenneth Brun Nielsen

    topgun Guest

    Hi

    if you need to run design analyzer in command prompt you can use the
    following
    two commands depending on your scripts

    dc_shell -f script1

    dc_shell-t -f script1.tcl (if you are using a tcl version of the
    synopsys script).....

    One of the ways for you to obtain the dc script is save the
    transcript when you run the tool graphically.....

    basic dc script template looks like the following..

    read -format verilog sample_rtl.v
    uniquify
    ungroup -all -flatten
    compile -map_effort medium
    ungroup -all -flatten
    write -format verilog -hierarchy -output sample_netlist.v
    topgun, May 9, 2005
  4. "topgun" <> skrev i en meddelelse
    > Hi
    >
    > if you need to run design analyzer in command prompt you can use the
    > following
    > two commands depending on your scripts
    >
    > dc_shell -f script1
    >
    > dc_shell-t -f script1.tcl (if you are using a tcl version of the
    > synopsys script).....

    (...)

    Thank you very much, Topgun. You just saved my day!

    /Kenneth
    Kenneth Brun Nielsen, May 9, 2005
  5. And another quick question: I used to report to the display - how do I
    change that, so the report is printed to a file? I guess some parameter
    should be added to the "report"-command.

    TIA.

    /KBN
    Kenneth Brun Nielsen, May 9, 2005
  6. "Kenneth Brun Nielsen" <news@_FJERNES_brun.dk> writes:

    > And another quick question: I used to report to the display - how do I
    > change that, so the report is printed to a file? I guess some parameter
    > should be added to the "report"-command.

    report > filename

    ISTR that you can also use

    report >> filename

    to get data appended to the file.

    Kai
    Kai Harrekilde-Petersen, May 9, 2005
  7. "Kai Harrekilde-Petersen" <> skrev i en meddelelse
    > "Kenneth Brun Nielsen" <news@_FJERNES_brun.dk> writes:
    >
    >> And another quick question: I used to report to the display - how do I
    >> change that, so the report is printed to a file? I guess some parameter
    >> should be added to the "report"-command.

    > report > filename
    >
    > ISTR that you can also use
    >
    > report >> filename
    >
    > to get data appended to the file.