Synopsys Error: Cannot open intermediate file

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Chad, Apr 23, 2004.

  1. Chad

    Chad Guest

    Hey everyone. I have two designs: a hamming code design and a ram
    BIST design. The hamming code I have already compiled into the
    following directory:

    /home/corbe/projects/bpe/ham_code/sim/work

    The ram BIST design uses the "HAM" library (and later on instantiates
    the design) in the VHDL like so:

    library HAM;
    use HAM.hamming_encode8;
    use HAM.hamming_decode8;

    However, I'm compiling the ram BIST design in another directory. In
    this directory I have a .synopsys_vss.setup that reads:

    HAM > work
    work : /home/corbe/projects/bpe/ham_code/sim/work

    So, I'm trying to point vhdlan to this pre-compiled resource library.
    However, when I the compile the ram BIST design in the current
    directory, an error message results:

    Cannot open intermediate file for reading - work/HAMMING_ENCODE8.sim

    For some reason it expects the hamming design compiled code to be in
    the current work directory. Why? I've tried changing names, etc. in
    the .synopsys_vss.setup file but to no avail. This really shouldn't
    be too hard. Any ideas?

    Thanks.
    Chad, Apr 23, 2004