Syntax Error - Dreamweaver

Joined
Dec 22, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi everyone

I'm a newbie to these boards and HTML - I copied a code (see hypergurl.com/randomquote ) to insert into my website for a random quote generator however Dreamweaver says there's a syntax error on the first line

The line which isn't working reads -

229: var howMany = 5 var quote = new Array(howMany+1) quote[0]="this is a quote

And the error message reads -
'There is a syntax error on line 229. Code hinting may not work until you fix this error'

Any help is welcome :)
Thanks!