syntax error? help!

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Somnium, Apr 2, 2011.

  1. Somnium

    Somnium

    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2011
    Messages:
    2
    Hello,

    I'm doing some project and as usual I got stuck on the little and the dumbest things...

    A : in std_logic_vector(3 downto 0);
    B : out std_logic_vector(6 downto 0));
    B<=x"OE" when A<"1000" else
    x"37"

    Now I get 2 errors :
    1. ... expected an integer value
    2. ... string literal must be terminated

    can't understand what's wrong..

    thanks,

    Somnium, Apr 2, 2011

  2. Somnium

    joris

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2009
    Messages:
    152
    - You got a capital 'o' instead of a zero in x"OE"
    - x"0E" and x"37" are smaller than B

    joris, Apr 7, 2011