  1. I am currently creating a compile on demand asp.net application because I need to query a database and return only an xml string using Response.Write, but visual studio wont colour or give me intellisense in a .aspx file that doesn't have code behind

    I assume there is no way to make it do that, but I would like to know for sure. The documentation for asp.net shows how to make compile on demand apps but it appears that visual studio doesn't cater for people who write this kind of code

    Am I correct? If not, how do I do it?
    =?Utf-8?B?QkxpVFpXaU5H?=, Apr 15, 2004

  2. When you are writing code Intellisense is not supported for what is called
    Single-File Web Forms Pages. See:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vbcon/html/vbconWebFormsCodeModel.asp

    Greetings
    Martin

    Martin Dechev, Apr 15, 2004

  3. =?Utf-8?B?QkxpVFpXaU5H?=

    Patrice Guest

    Additionaly note that you can use code behind and response.write. Just
    delete the whole HTML code (and not the directive).

    Patrice

    Patrice, Apr 15, 2004
  4. Ooh thanks Patrice, I will give that a shot. Thanks to Martin for the link too.
    =?Utf-8?B?QkxpVFpXaU5H?=, Apr 16, 2004