    "../images/paintings/%%middle_painting%%"

    Is is an escape character of some sort?

    TIA.

    Tiger Hillside, Jan 20, 2004

  2. Tiger Hillside wrote:
    > I am new to perl and taking over some scripts. I came across the
    > following syntax that I don't understand:
    >
    > %%now_year%%

    It's not Perl. It's probably a template variable.

    Did you consult the script documentation or asked the author?

    --
    Gunnar Hjalmarsson

    Gunnar Hjalmarsson, Jan 20, 2004

  3. Tiger Hillside wrote:
    > I am new to perl and taking over some scripts. I came across the
    > following syntax that I don't understand:
    >
    > %%now_year%%
    >
    > and
    >
    > "../images/paintings/%%middle_painting%%"
    >
    > Is is an escape character of some sort?

    It's rather some sort of compilation error:
    Can't modify constant item in scalar assignment at [...], near
    "/images/paintings/%%middle_painting%%";"
    Execution of C:\tmp\t.pl aborted due to compilation errors.

    In other words: that's no Perl code.

    jue

    Jürgen Exner, Jan 20, 2004
  4. Gunnar Hjalmarsson <> wrote in message news:<jW4Pb.45459$>...
    > Tiger Hillside wrote:
    > > I am new to perl and taking over some scripts. I came across the
    > > following syntax that I don't understand:
    > >
    > > %%now_year%%

    > It's not Perl. It's probably a template variable.
    >
    > Did you consult the script documentation or asked the author?

    At the moment neither are available. But at least it is not some
    obvious Perl thing I missed. Closed doors are helpful, so thanks.

    Tiger Hillside, Jan 20, 2004