%% syntax

Tiger Hillside

I am new to perl and taking over some scripts. I came across the
following syntax that I don't understand:

%%now_year%%

and

"../images/paintings/%%middle_painting%%"

Is is an escape character of some sort?

TIA.

Gunnar Hjalmarsson

Tiger said:
I am new to perl and taking over some scripts. I came across the
following syntax that I don't understand:

%%now_year%%

It's not Perl. It's probably a template variable.

Did you consult the script documentation or asked the author?

Jürgen Exner

Tiger said:
I am new to perl and taking over some scripts. I came across the
following syntax that I don't understand:

%%now_year%%

and

"../images/paintings/%%middle_painting%%"

Is is an escape character of some sort?

It's rather some sort of compilation error:
Can't modify constant item in scalar assignment at [...], near
"/images/paintings/%%middle_painting%%";"
Execution of C:\tmp\t.pl aborted due to compilation errors.

In other words: that's no Perl code.

jue

Tiger Hillside

Gunnar Hjalmarsson said:
It's not Perl. It's probably a template variable.

Did you consult the script documentation or asked the author?

At the moment neither are available. But at least it is not some
obvious Perl thing I missed. Closed doors are helpful, so thanks.