Synth L&F as jar

derharri

Hello,

i am trying to build a L&F basedf on Synth but now i have problems
using the L&F in another project. I pack the L&F into jar add it to a
projects classpath but it is not possible to access the images
contained in the jar. I know that resources from a jar should be
accessed by:

MyResourceBase.class.getResource("path/relative/to/the/MyResourceBase.png")

the problem is that its not me who accesses the images but synth. AND
when i look into synths code the images should be loaded by:

new ImageIcon(url, null).getImage()
with url is the return of:
private URL getResource(String path) {
return _resourceBase.getResource(path);
}

That looks correct to me but it does not work. Has anyone build his
synth L&F and got it to work from a jar? If that does not work, what is
a custom L&F good for if it can not be deployed as a jar?

I am very thankfull for all hints

Harri E.

Andrew Thompson

Hello,

i am trying to build a L&F basedf on Synth but now i have problems
using the L&F in another project. I pack the L&F into jar add it to a
projects classpath but it is not possible to access the images
contained in the jar. I know that resources from a jar should be
accessed by:

MyResourceBase.class.getResource("path/relative/to/the/MyResourceBase.png")

Try..

MyResourceBase.class.getResource("/path/relative/to/the/MyResourceBase.png")

HTH

Andrew T.

derharri

Andrew said:
Try..

MyResourceBase.class.getResource("/path/relative/to/the/MyResourceBase.png")

HTH

Andrew T.

no that was not the problem. The path does not have to start with a
slash. The problem was much more trivial. Accessing the files from the
jar reads the path case sensitive. Adapting the filenames solved the
problem.