synthesis error with DC

rajan

Hi,

I am trying to synthesize a design with synopsys. But, keep on getting this
error. Would anyone please make this erro message clear to me.

Warning: Design 'design_core' has '1' unresolved references. For more
detailed information, use the "link" command. (UID-341)
Information: Updating design information... (UID-85)
Allocating blocks in 'design_core'

Error: The selector S_18 is shorted to the selector S_2.
Resource sharing does not support operations that are
shorted together. (SR-8)
Error: Cannot load design 'design_core'. (DDB-76)
0

Mike Treseler

rajan said:
Warning: Design 'design_core' has '1' unresolved references.

Consider simulation before synthesis
to correct logical errors.

-- Mike Treseler

Jonathan Bromley

Consider simulation before synthesis
to correct logical errors.

It's possible there weren't any. If this was a Verilog
design in which a variable (reg) was written at different
times from two different "always" blocks, it could give
correct results in simulation but yet be unsynthesisable.
Similarly, most synthesis tools use different library
structures than simulation tools, so it's possible to miss
out a file from the synthesis run and get "unresolved
reference" errors even after a successful simulation.

Whilst I completely agree with your necessarily oft-repeated
exhortation, it doesn't deal with all the likely problems.
--
Jonathan Bromley, Consultant

DOULOS - Developing Design Know-how

Tel: +44 (0)1425 471223 mail:[email protected]

Metin Yerlikaya

hi,
seems like a net has more than one driver. You can see schematic in
GTECH level(Design Analyzer),
and try to find the s_18 and s_2 blocks and may be you find which net
you are
trying to drive double.

Metin