synthesis of exit in for loop

Joined
May 26, 2010
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi friends
I am new to FPGA world. I have one question, can exit command in for loop be synthesized ? if exit is true how many logic copies of for loop will be created.

for i in 0 to 6 loop
if i =4 then
exit;
end if;
end loop;

Many thanks

Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
42
Reaction score
0
Exit From Loop

The loop you have presented will not synthesize any hardware. If this is part of some process that you want to synthesize you need to post the entire code before someone can help you.