Synthesis of more FSMs in one file using DC

Marek Ponca

Hi everybody,

is there some methodology supporting for synthesis of
more FSMs included in one source file ?

How to set constraints of each one FSM separately ?

Something like:

dc_shell:> set_fsm machine1
dc_shell:> set_encoding_style one_hot

dc_shell:> set_fsm machine2
dc_shell:> set_encoding_style gray

dc_shell:> compile

dc_shell:> set_fsm machine1
dc_shell:> report_fsm

dc_shell:> set_fsm machine2
dc_shell:> report_fsm

Or is it really needed to write FSMs into separate files ?

I was unable to find any synopsys/synthesis newsgroup :eek:(

Thanks
Marek

--
Dipl.-Ing. Marek Ponca
Institut of Circuit Technology and Electronics

Ilmenau Technical University
P.O. BOX 10 05 65
98684 Ilmenau
Germany

Mohammed khader

HI,

Only one FSM design per entity is recommended. If a file has
multiple FSMs for a single entity , only one is extracted each time you
compile. It is not possible to predict which FSM will be extracted.
Regards,

Mohammed A khader.

Falk Brunner

Marek Ponca said:
Hi everybody,

is there some methodology supporting for synthesis of
more FSMs included in one source file ?

How to set constraints of each one FSM separately ?

Something like:

dc_shell:> set_fsm machine1
dc_shell:> set_encoding_style one_hot

dc_shell:> set_fsm machine2
dc_shell:> set_encoding_style gray

dc_shell:> compile

dc_shell:> set_fsm machine1
dc_shell:> report_fsm

dc_shell:> set_fsm machine2
dc_shell:> report_fsm

Or is it really needed to write FSMs into separate files ?

Synthesis constraints for XST

VHDL
Before using FSM_ENCODING, declare it with the following syntax:
attribute fsm_encoding: string;
After FSM_ENCODING has been declared, specify the VHDL
constraint as follows:
attribute fsm_encoding of {entity_name|signal_name}:
{entity|signal} is "{auto|one-hot|
compact|gray|sequential|johnson|user}";
The default is AUTO.

Regards