sys.argv[0] - 'module' object has no attribute 'argv'

Discussion in 'Python' started by =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Thomas_N=FCcker?=, Jun 30, 2003.

  1. Hi!

    I have the following problem within a program, that is using the
    python dll. With this program i want to use Tkinter, but after setting
    all paths i get the following error:

    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "c:/mtt/bg_private_area/truefalsetest.py", line 32 in ?
    ListSelection(datal)

    File "C:\Prog1\MttDialogs.py", line 324 in ListSelection
    root = Tk()

    File "C:\Prog1\lib\lib-tk\Tkinter.py", line 1491, in __init__
    baseName = os.path.basename(sys.argv[0])

    AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'argv'
    Redirected about to stop, stderr

    sys and os are internal modules i didn't touch - so i think it must be
    a problem of the configuration of Python or the corresponding
    compilation.
    It would be great if somebody could help me with this problem!

    Thomas

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Thomas_N=FCcker?=, Jun 30, 2003