    programmer, aside from the basics like coming up with a python heavy
    resume and putting some python projects on the web?

    Thanks!

    Dan Stromberg, Jul 19, 2006

  2. Dan Stromberg wrote:
    > I've been a sysadmin for about 13 years, but I'm realizing that my
    > favorite part of being a sysadmin are those moments where there's a reason
    > to write some code - preferably in python.
    >
    > What might one do to make the transition from sysadmin to python
    > programmer, aside from the basics like coming up with a python heavy
    > resume and putting some python projects on the web?
    >
    > Thanks!

    Well not a programmer, but I learned that it works in every line of work:
    'When you're capable to get from a cause and need to a solution, then
    whatever you do would be fruitful.'

    --
    mph

    Martin P. Hellwig, Jul 19, 2006

  3. Dan Stromberg

    fumanchu Guest

    Dan Stromberg wrote:
    > I've been a sysadmin for about 13 years, but I'm realizing that my
    > favorite part of being a sysadmin are those moments where there's a reason
    > to write some code - preferably in python.
    >
    > What might one do to make the transition from sysadmin to python
    > programmer, aside from the basics like coming up with a python heavy
    > resume and putting some python projects on the web?

    Find a Python shop that's looking for a sysadmin, of course.
    http://www.amor.org/want_ads.html

    Robert Brewer
    System Architect
    Amor Ministries