    need to call the pstat functions. Does anyone have any examples of scripts
    using syscall or tell me where I can look (other than perldoc -f syscall)
    for a better understanding of the syntax? Thanx in advance.

    Robert, Aug 15, 2003

  2. Robert

    Uri Guttman Guest

    R> I am trying to use syscall to execute system calls on my HP-UX
    R> server. I was able to get the Cookbook example to work after some
    R> corrections. But I need to call the pstat functions. Does anyone
    R> have any examples of scripts using syscall or tell me where I can
    R> look (other than perldoc -f syscall) for a better understanding of
    R> the syntax? Thanx in advance.

    some of the core perl modules use syscall. in particular i have seen it
    use in Sys::Hostname. i wouldn't be surprised to see it used in other
    Sys:: modules. look at their source code for how to use syscall. it
    isn't that complicated.

    uri

    Uri Guttman, Aug 15, 2003

  3. Robert

    Robert Guest

    thanx

    http://www.stemsystems.com
    > --Perl Consulting, Stem Development, Systems Architecture, Design and

    Coding-

    http://jobs.perl.org

    Robert, Aug 16, 2003