syscall question/example

Robert

Greetings,

I am trying to use syscall to execute system calls on my HP-UX server. I
was able to get the Cookbook example to work after some corrections. But I
need to call the pstat functions. Does anyone have any examples of scripts
using syscall or tell me where I can look (other than perldoc -f syscall)
for a better understanding of the syntax? Thanx in advance.

Uri Guttman

R> I am trying to use syscall to execute system calls on my HP-UX
R> server. I was able to get the Cookbook example to work after some
R> corrections. But I need to call the pstat functions. Does anyone
R> have any examples of scripts using syscall or tell me where I can
R> look (other than perldoc -f syscall) for a better understanding of
R> the syntax? Thanx in advance.

some of the core perl modules use syscall. in particular i have seen it
use in Sys::Hostname. i wouldn't be surprised to see it used in other
Sys:: modules. look at their source code for how to use syscall. it
isn't that complicated.

uri

Robert

thanx