System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Access is denided

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by shahin, Aug 30, 2007.

  1. shahin

    shahin Guest

    Hi,
    one of my client using a electronic web publication, to publish thier
    web
    site, we hosting thier web site and the application on our web site.

    some time when they click on the publish bouten they get this error:
    Exception Details: </b>System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Access is
    denied

    , when we restart the server they can publish the site.
    so I look at the the code and when click the publish this would
    execut:

    private Sub IndexEPD(st as integer)
    if st = 0 then
    Dim myProcess As New Process()
    myProcess =
    System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(Request.PhysicalApplicationPath &
    "cc21Siebold\ccIndexer.exe",Request.PhysicalApplicationPath &
    "cc21Siebold\EPub.indexerprofile -autostart -autoshutdown")
    myProcess.waitForExit
    Response.Status = "200 OK"
    Response.Write("OK")
    myProcess =
    System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(Request.PhysicalApplicationPath &
    "cc21Siebold\ccIndexer.exe",Request.PhysicalApplicationPath &
    "cc21Siebold\EPubEvents.indexerprofile -autostart -autoshutdown")
    myProcess.waitForExit
    Response.Status = "200 OK"
    Response.Write("OK")
    else
    Response.Status = "200 OK"
    Response.Write("10")
    end if
    end sub

    I can run the executebals indevitualy without an problem, but not from
    web
    browser on the internet (except when I restart the server).

    the server is a windows 2003 DC. I did search the net and I could find
    some
    artical that said it is right issue, but why when the server is
    restarted they
    can publish the web site? and I cannot find any thing in the event
    view.

    Any Idea how to solve this issue?

    shahin, Aug 30, 2007