System.Data.OracleClient

Guest

Hi,

I don't know if this is the correct newsgroup to post this question, but
here goes.

I have installed Visual Studio .Net Professional 2003. I checked the
version and it is 7.1.3088. It says in the books that I have read, that this
version already has namespace for oracle db connection. But I can't seem to
locate System.Data.OracleClient namespace.

Any ideas why? Do I have to do something first to get this namespace?

Appreciate the help.
Thanks.

Mary Chipman

OracleClient is supported in version 1.1 of the Framework, so you
should be OK. Can you describe in more detail the steps you have
taken? There is sample code in the Help topic "OracleDataReader Class"
at
ms-help://MS.VSCC.2003/MS.MSDNQTR.2004APR.1033/cpref/html/frlrfsystemdataoracleclientoracledatareaderclasstopic.htm.

--Mary

Andreas Wegmann

JJ said:
Hi,

I don't know if this is the correct newsgroup to post this question, but
here goes.

I have installed Visual Studio .Net Professional 2003. I checked the
version and it is 7.1.3088. It says in the books that I have read, that this
version already has namespace for oracle db connection. But I can't seem to
locate System.Data.OracleClient namespace.

Any ideas why? Do I have to do something first to get this namespace?

Appreciate the help.
Thanks.

Hi
If you use a newer Oracle Database (9.2.x;...;10g), I think you should
use ODP.NET from Oracle; especially if you use Oracle-specific
functionality.

Happy Weekend,

AndreasW