    Any ideas why? Do I have to do something first to get this namespace?

    Appreciate the help.
    Thanks.

    =?Utf-8?B?Sko=?=, Jan 10, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Sko=?=

    Mary Chipman Guest

    OracleClient is supported in version 1.1 of the Framework, so you
    should be OK. Can you describe in more detail the steps you have
    taken? There is sample code in the Help topic "OracleDataReader Class"
    at
    ms-help://MS.VSCC.2003/MS.MSDNQTR.2004APR.1033/cpref/html/frlrfsystemdataoracleclientoracledatareaderclasstopic.htm.

    --Mary

    Mary Chipman, Jan 10, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Sko=?=

    Eric Guest

    Did you add a reference to System.Data.OracleClient.dll?

    Eric, Jan 15, 2005
  4. JJ schrieb:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I don't know if this is the correct newsgroup to post this question, but
    > here goes.
    >
    > I have installed Visual Studio .Net Professional 2003. I checked the
    > version and it is 7.1.3088. It says in the books that I have read, that this
    > version already has namespace for oracle db connection. But I can't seem to
    > locate System.Data.OracleClient namespace.
    >
    > Any ideas why? Do I have to do something first to get this namespace?
    >
    > Appreciate the help.
    > Thanks.

    Hi
    If you use a newer Oracle Database (9.2.x;...;10g), I think you should
    use ODP.NET from Oracle; especially if you use Oracle-specific
    functionality.

    Happy Weekend,

    AndreasW

    Andreas Wegmann, Jan 16, 2005