System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: General network error. Check your network documentation.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Kal, Jun 21, 2004.

  1. Kal

    Kal Guest

    Hello,

    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: General network error. Check your
    network documentation.

    What does this error means? My web app, suddenly started to show this
    error today in my production environment, beta environment,
    development environment, and also on my machine too.

    When i debugged the app, i see that the error is happening when the
    app is trying to open a connection using integrated security. For test
    sake, in the connection string, i passed in userid and password and
    then i don't get the error.

    It is very puzzling.

    Any body faced the same situation before.

    Thanks,
    Kalyan
    Kal, Jun 21, 2004

  2. This error can mean any number of things. It can indicate that, indeed, some
    network error has prevented the Connection. It can mean that the database
    has run out of room on the disk.It can mean any number of catastrophic
    things that don't fall into the category of "bugs" in other words, such as
    the database being stopped, or deleted, or something along those lines. In
    other words, it is not a bug in your code, or in the database, but some
    external force that has stopped the database from responding.

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer

    Kevin Spencer, Jun 21, 2004