System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: General network error. Check your network documentation.

Kal

Hello,

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: General network error. Check your
network documentation.

What does this error means? My web app, suddenly started to show this
error today in my production environment, beta environment,
development environment, and also on my machine too.

When i debugged the app, i see that the error is happening when the
app is trying to open a connection using integrated security. For test
sake, in the connection string, i passed in userid and password and
then i don't get the error.

It is very puzzling.

Any body faced the same situation before.

Thanks,
Kalyan

Kevin Spencer

This error can mean any number of things. It can indicate that, indeed, some
network error has prevented the Connection. It can mean that the database
has run out of room on the disk.It can mean any number of catastrophic
things that don't fall into the category of "bugs" in other words, such as
the database being stopped, or deleted, or something along those lines. In
other words, it is not a bug in your code, or in the database, but some
external force that has stopped the database from responding.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer