System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUSLOGON'

Guest

What this is telling you is that the Anonymous Logon identity doesn't have
permissions to the specified database. Obviously, as you stated, you can
either change the identity to one that does, or give this account permssions.
Or, you can use SQL Server authentication, which is often a lot easier.
Peter

bruce barker

you will notice, that if you connect to your dev box from another
machine it won't work with <identity impersonate="true"/> and if you hit
the site locally on the web server it will work (just like using your
dev box).

to use impersonation you need to switch to kerberos (and enable forwarding).

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

msdn

my develop box is also connect to the SQL server remotely. And sp_who shows
my Windows domain users. Sounds internal web server and IIS handle SQL
Server logon differently.