    Arne Garvander
    Certified Geek
    Professional Data Dude

    =?Utf-8?B?QXJuZSBHYXJ2YW5kZXI=?=, Oct 9, 2007

  2. The Enterprise Library, which is a free download from Microsoft, has logging
    capability, driven from a config file. The latest version also has a policy
    injection block, which is useful for specifying when a particular message
    should be logged (type of error, etc.) and is attribute driven. There is
    plenty of documentation with the block, should you go this route.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP, MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Oct 9, 2007

  3. Last time I looked at the Enterprise Library, there was no way to log to an
    email account, which I would prefer.
    --
    Arne Garvander
    Certified Geek

    =?Utf-8?B?QXJuZSBHYXJ2YW5kZXI=?=, Oct 9, 2007
  4. Look into ASP.Net "Health Monitoring" and "Custom Event Providers"

    =?Utf-8?B?SmF5IFBvbmR5?=, Oct 9, 2007
  5. I am not sure if it is built in (will have to look), but you can more easily
    extend the block today than you could before. Log4Net will log to email,
    with the SMTPAppender:

    http://logging.apache.org/log4net/

    For config, see:
    http://logging.apache.org/log4net/release/config-examples.html

    roll down to SMTPAppender

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP, MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Oct 9, 2007