'System' does not match the assembly reference.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?UnVpIE1hY2RvbmFsZA==?=, Apr 9, 2005.

  1. I trying some asp from angGoGo PhotoControl and when I star it on my computer
    always gives the following message, Can you please help me? :-(

    Exception Details: System.IO.FileLoadException: The located assembly's
    manifest definition with name 'System' does not match the assembly reference.

    Source Error:

    Line 36:
    Line 37: Public Sub New()
    Line 38: MyBase.New
    Line 39: If (ASP.Global_asax.__intialized = false) Then
    Line 40: ASP.Global_asax.__intialized = true

    Source File: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\Temporary ASP.NET
    Files\webproject1\1f75f765\fe2cbfa7\ike3hzeb.0.vb Line: 38

    Stack Trace:

    [FileLoadException: The located assembly's manifest definition with name
    'System' does not match the assembly reference.]
    PhotoControllerWebDemoVB.Global.InitializeComponent() +0
    PhotoControllerWebDemoVB.Global..ctor() +19
    ASP.Global_asax..ctor() in
    C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\Temporary ASP.NET
    Files\webproject1\1f75f765\fe2cbfa7\ike3hzeb.0.vb:38

    [TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an
    invocation.]
    System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly) +0
    System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic) +66
    System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder
    binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)
    +277
    System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr,
    Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[]
    activationAttributes) +109
    System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance() +160
    System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.FireApplicationOnStart(HttpContext
    context) +20
    System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.Init(HttpContext context) +481
    System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetApplicationInstance(HttpContext
    context) +155
    System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +407

    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.0.3705.0; ASP.NET
    Version:1.0.3705.0

    --
    RMac
    =?Utf-8?B?UnVpIE1hY2RvbmFsZA==?=, Apr 9, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?UnVpIE1hY2RvbmFsZA==?=

    Brock Allen Guest

    Sounds like you're using a compoent that was compiled against a different
    version of the .NET runtime. You'll need to redirect each request for a dependant
    system assembly to use the 1.1 version. Here are some docs to get you started:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...uide/html/cpconassemblyversionredirection.asp

    -Brock
    DevelopMentor
    http://staff.develop.com/ballen