    external programs or not.

    thanks

    Clément.

    crez, Oct 27, 2006

  2. crez

    Guest

    "crez" <> wrote:
    > hello,
    >
    > I am curently processing profiling data from a script that contains
    > calls to external program via system(). I would need to know wether the
    > timing info reported by DProf also includes the running time of these
    > external programs or not.

    That depends on whether you give the -r option to dprofpp.

    Anyway, you can try it out with a few simple scripts.

    perl -d:DProf -e 'sub foo{perl spin.pl}}; \
    sub bar {foreach my $x (1..1e8) {}}; foo(); bar()'

    (Where spin.pl is just a file with "foreach my $x (1..1e8) {}")

    Xho

    Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB

    , Oct 27, 2006