    Can the System.Drawing.Print namespace (and it's print methods) be used in
    ASP.NET ? Can we direct an output to a printer using these classes ? If not,
    what is the alternative ?
    moko, Feb 26, 2004

  2. You can use any namespace with ASP.Net, and you can do anything.

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer

    Kevin Spencer, Feb 26, 2004

  3. moko

    moko Guest

    I thought "System.Drawing" used GDI+, which in turn is in the context of
    Windows, not a web-browser ? Is that not so ?

    moko, Feb 26, 2004
  4. No, It is not so. An ASP.Net application is the same as any other
    application. For example, you can use GDI+ to create images which you stream
    out to a browser on the fly. In any case, the question was about printing,
    which uses drawing. Now, I am nt sure that the person who asked understand
    that the printing classes will only work on the server side (unless they use
    a client-side .Net Windows Form), but there may be a reason why the person
    wants their app to do some printing on the server.

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer

    Kevin Spencer, Feb 26, 2004