System.Drawing & Tiff images

Scott Elgram

Hello everyone,
I'm hoping someone here can pose an alternative that might work better
than what I have created so far. I have a web site that needs to deal with
Multi-Page TIFF images. Primarily they need to be split by page or group of
pages and uploaded into a DB. The code I have currently works alright but
it throws a "Parameter is not valid." error on the line containing this code
"using (Bitmap source = new Bitmap(imgFile)) {...}". From what I have been
able to find it would appear the "System.Drawing" class is "Unsafe" for web
applications and even though it does work most of the time this unusual
behavior is the result of the class not being designed or tested for use in
this type of scenario.

Thanks,

Eliyahu Goldin

I second both points:

1. Bob Powell's site is the first to check.

2. I use System.Drawing all the time with no problems.

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer & Consultant

sloan said:
http://www.bobpowell.net/generating_multipage_tiffs.htm

I don't know if that helps or not, but when I have an image issue, bob
powell's site is the FIRST one I check.

I've used System.Drawing in web apps before. Outside of speed/performance,
I haven't had issues.

Scott Elgram

Thanks guys,
some of his code is very different from mine so I'll have to make some
changes and see what happens.
Sorry it took so long for me to reply

-Scott