system.enterpriseservices.dll disappears after custom InstallShield package runs...

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jay, Oct 1, 2007.

  1. Jay

    Jay Guest

    Here's a bizarre find.

    InstallShield deploys our ASP.NET code to customers. Everything is
    fine up untill THIS version release. Not happening on all customers'
    machines (which tells me that it's isolated - but...).

    When this package runs, system.enterpriseservices.dll (2.0)
    DISAPPEARS.

    Reinstall of 2.0 Framework makes it reappear.

    Re-run of install makes it disappear again.

    What the? Where do I begin my investigation short of saying it's
    isolated only to one server?

    THANK YOU

    Jay, Oct 1, 2007