System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by DOTNET, Feb 24, 2005.

  1. DOTNET

    DOTNET Guest

    Hi,

    Anybody help me regarding this error:

    I am assigning the values to the session variables when the button is
    clicked and passing these session variables to the next page and when I am
    printing these session variables they are printing. After that I am
    assigning these things in hidden object and in the form submit action I am
    receiving these hidden values like the following:

    dim Recname = Request("Recname")
    dim Contactname = Request("Contactname")
    dim CompAddress = Request("Compaddress")
    dim city = Request("City")
    dim ZipCode = Request("Zipcode")
    dim Country = Request("Country")
    dim TelePhone = Request("Telephone")
    dim Mobile = Request("Mobile")
    dim Email = Request("Emailid")
    dim Companysite = Request("Companysite")
    dim Sector = Request("Sector")
    dim Functional = Request("Functional")
    dim Yroperation = Request("Yroperation")
    dim Officeloc = Request("Officeloc")
    dim Usesite = Request("Usesite")
    dim Billaddress = Request("Billaddress")
    dim Billcity = Request("Billcity")
    dim Billzip = Request("Billzip")
    dim Billctr = Request("Billcountry")
    dim Resumeflag = Request("Resumeflag")
    dim Resumeemail = Request("Resumeemail")
    dim Resumereg = "NO"
    dim Recapprove = "YES"

    Here also I succeeded when I am printing these declared variables with
    assigned values. But when I am trying to insert these vales into the table
    created in MS-Access like the following it is producing the given error:

    sSQL = "INSERT INTO RECRUITERS
    (Recname,Contname,Recaddress,Reccity,ReczipCode,Reccountry,RecTelephone,Recmobile,Recemail,Recsite,Recsector,Recfunctional,Recyroper,Recusesite,Recbilladdress,Recbillcity,Recbillzip,Recbillcountry,Recresumeflag,Recresumemail,Regdate,Recofficelocations,Recapprove,Recapproveres)
    values
    (@Rname,@Contname,@Raddress,@Rcity,@Rzip,@Rcountry,@Rphone,@Rmobile,@Remail,@Rsite,@Rsector,@Rfunction,@Ryear,@Rusite,@Rbilladd,@Rbillcty,@Rbillzip,@Rbillctr,@Rflag,@RRemail,@RRegdate,@Roffice,@Rapprove,@RRapprove)"

    oComm = New OleDbCommand(sSQL, oConn)
    oComm.Commandtype = CommandType.Text

    oComm.Parameters.Add(New OleDbParameter("@Rname", UCASE(Recname)))
    oComm.Parameters.Add(New OleDbParameter("@Contname", UCASE(Contactname)))
    oComm.Parameters.Add(New OleDbParameter("@Raddress", UCASE(Compaddress)))
    oComm.Parameters.Add(New OleDbParameter("@RCity", UCASE(City)))
    oComm.Parameters.Add(New OleDbParameter("@Rzip", Zipcode))
    oComm.Parameters.Add(New OleDbParameter("@Rcountry", UCASE(Country)))
    oComm.Parameters.Add(New OleDbParameter("@Rphone", UCASE(Telephone)))
    oComm.Parameters.Add(New OleDbParameter("@Rmobile", UCASE(Mobile)))
    oComm.Parameters.Add(New OleDbParameter("@Remail", UCASE(Email)))
    oComm.Parameters.Add(New OleDbParameter("@Rsite", UCASE(Companysite)))
    oComm.Parameters.Add(New OleDbParameter("@Rsector", UCASE(Sector)))
    oComm.Parameters.Add(New OleDbParameter("@Rfunction", UCASE(Functional)))
    oComm.Parameters.Add(New OleDbParameter("@Ryear", Yroperation))
    oComm.Parameters.Add(New OleDbParameter("@Rusite", UCASE(Usesite)))
    oComm.Parameters.Add(New OleDbParameter("@Rbilladd", UCASE(Billaddress)))
    oComm.Parameters.Add(New OleDbParameter("@Rbillcty", UCASE(Billcity)))
    oComm.Parameters.Add(New OleDbParameter("@Rbillzip", UCASE(Billzip)))
    oComm.Parameters.Add(New OleDbParameter("@Rbillctr", UCASE(Billctr)))
    oComm.Parameters.Add(New OleDbParameter("@Rflag", UCASE(Resumeflag)))
    oComm.Parameters.Add(New OleDbParameter("@RRemail", Resumeemail))
    oComm.Parameters.Add(New OleDbParameter("@RRegdate", now()))
    oComm.Parameters.Add(New OleDbParameter("@Roffice", UCASE(Officeloc)))
    oComm.Parameters.Add(New OleDbParameter("@Rapprove", UCASE(Recapprove)))
    oComm.Parameters.Add(New OleDbParameter("@RRapprove", UCASE(Resumereg)))

    oComm.ExecuteNonQuery()

    Line 65:
    Line 66:
    Line 67: oComm.ExecuteNonQuery()
    Line 68:
    Line 69:
    Source File: recruiter\Recok.aspx Line: 67

    Stack Trace:

    [InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.]
    System.Data.OleDb.DBBindings.set_Value(Object value) +1886
    System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.GetInputParameters() +100
    System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandText(Object& executeResult)
    +22
    System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommand(CommandBehavior behavior,
    Object& executeResult) +65
    System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteReaderInternal(CommandBehavior
    behavior, String method) +112
    System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() +66

    [TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an
    invocation.]
    System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InternalInvoke(Object obj,
    BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo
    culture, Boolean isBinderDefault, Assembly caller, Boolean verifyAccess) +0
    System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InternalInvoke(Object obj,
    BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo
    culture, Boolean verifyAccess) +425
    System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags
    invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) +23
    Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.LateBinding.FastCall(Object o,
    MethodBase method, ParameterInfo[] Parameters, Object[] args, Type objType,
    IReflect objIReflect) +247
    Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.LateBinding.InternalLateCall(Object
    o, Type objType, String name, Object[] args, String[] paramnames, Boolean[]
    CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn) +435

    Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.LateBinding.LateCall(Object o,
    Type objType, String name, Object[] args, String[] paramnames, Boolean[]
    CopyBack) +23
    ASP.Recok_aspx.__Render__control1(HtmlTextWriter __output, Control
    parameterContainer) in
    c:\websites\managersp65\managersp.com\newinaspx\recruiter\Recok.aspx:67
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +27
    System.Web.UI.Control.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +7
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +243

    I am not using any codebehinds but passing the session variables from a
    procedure which is called at the time of button press event is fired.
    Please help me to solve this problem.

    DOTNET, Feb 24, 2005

  2. DOTNET

    MasterGaurav Guest

    Ensure that the values that you are providing are of correct data-type.

    Request("...") returns only and only string.
    If you are using int / nvarchar etc, typecast it accordingly first. I
    think the issue, most likely, would be with numeric fields.

    Check it.

    --
    Cheers,
    Gaurav Vaish