System.IO.FileNotFoundException help

msnews.microsoft.com

Not sure where this error is coming from. I have my asp.net app set to email
me error messages, but this error message does not indicate where it occurs.
There is no page called get_aspx_ver.aspx and I don't know where it's
getting that. Any ideas?

System.IO.FileNotFoundException:
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\framescale\get_aspx_ver.aspx
at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItem()
at System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.CompileAndGetParserCacheItem(String
virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context)
at System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.GetCompiledInstance(String
virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context)
at System.Web.UI.PageParser.GetCompiledPageInstanceInternal(String
virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context)
at System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandler(HttpContext context, String
requestType, String url, String path)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context, String
requestType, String path, String pathTranslated, Boolean useAppConfig)

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

"When you try to open an ASP.NET Web Application project, the ASP.NET
process accesses a nonexistent file that is named Get_aspx_ver.aspx to
retrieve the ASP.NET version information. If the defaultRedirect attribute
is not set to an HTML file or to an ASP file, the request for the
Get_aspx_ver.aspx file returns the HTTP 404 error and the ASP.NET version
information. If the defaultRedirect attribute is set to an HTML file or to
an ASP file, the request for the Get_aspx_ver.aspx file does not return the
ASP.NET version information. Therefore, you receive the error that is
mentioned in the "Symptoms" section of this article. "

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;825792

Also:

http://bluebones.net/news/default.asp?action=view_story&story_id=50

msnews.microsoft.com

Nice going Microsoft. I'd not being wearing that MVP badge so proudly! lol!