System.IO.IOException: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

Trevor

System.IO.IOException: The filename, directory name, or volume label
syntax is incorrect.

I have hit a problem for which I can find no solutions. Has anyone any
ideas?

I am writing XML into a Memory STream and using a Transform to make
HTML. This works fine normally, but I have no the above stated error.

I did get some odd chars in the HTML name which caused a problem,
which I corrected. The current error seems to random. I am wondering
if memory is the problem, or disk space.

Last Trace - html 2-->../Grohe/Grohe-Sundries-Handles-Handles-Automatic-2000-47255000.html<--
shows the filename

Code:

string HTMLName = xmlName;

Trace.Warn ("html--" + HTMLName);

string thisManNameDir = thisManName;
thisManNameDir = thisManNameDir.Replace(" ","");

HTMLName = "../" + thisManNameDir + "/" + HTMLName;
Trace.Warn ("html 2-->" + HTMLName + "<--");
//Trace.Warn("writing html" + HTMLName );
XmlUrlResolver resolver = new XmlUrlResolver();

string thisURL1 = Request.Url.ToString();
Trace.Warn("header " + thisURL1);
thisURL1 = thisURL1.Replace("/myxml/Xml1.aspx","");
string thisURL = thisURL1.Replace("http://","");

thisURL1 = thisURL1.Replace(".co.uk","");
thisURL1 = thisURL1.Replace(".com","");
thisURL1 = thisURL1.Replace(".biz","");

thisURL1 = thisURL1.Replace("http://www.","");
string thisDomain = thisURL1.Replace("http://","");

NetworkCredential cred = new
NetworkCredential(thisDomain,"pwd",thisURL);

thisStream.Position = 0;
Trace.Warn("a");
//XmlTextReader myTxtReader = new XmlTextReader (thisStream);

Trace.Warn("a1");
string xslPath = Server.MapPath("myXSL.xsl");
Trace.Warn("a2");
string htmlPath = Server.MapPath(HTMLName);
Trace.Warn("a3");
XPathDocument aXPathDocument = new XPathDocument(thisStream);
Trace.Warn("a4");
XslTransform transform = new XslTransform();
Trace.Warn("a5");
transform.Load(xslPath, resolver);

StreamWriter aStreamWriter = new StreamWriter(htmlPath);

Trace.Warn("a6");

transform.Transform(aXPathDocument,null,aStreamWriter, resolver);

aStreamWriter.Flush();
aStreamWriter.Close();

Trace.Warn("a7");
//Trace.Warn("ending html");

Guest

IIT Guy said:
Hello. I know it's been almost 3 years since this post, but I'm
experiencing the same problem that you had and you're the only person who
seems to have an idea on how to fix it. Do you remember what your problem
was and how you resolved it?

The '..' characters are not allowed.

Peter Bromberg [C# MVP]

Personally, I think it is rather rude to expect readers to go visit your
external link just to see what your question is. If you post a question to a
newsgroup, wouldn't it be more polite to include the actual content in your
post?
Peter