System.loadLibrary

Roedy Green

I discovered that System.loadLibrary will search both
java.library.path and the jar for a dll.

I'm pretty sure it did not do this back in the JDK 1.1 days.

I know it did it in JDK 1.4 in JAWS.

I wonder if anyone knows when this feature of searching the jar kicked
in? Is this new with JDK 1.5?

The key is you must not give the DLL a package name in the jar,

and you must load it with just a single word e.g. System.loadLibrary(
"nativepentium");

not "nativepentium.dll" or any path info.

Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.