System.loadLibrary

Discussion in 'Java' started by Roedy Green, Aug 1, 2005.

  1. Roedy Green

    Roedy Green Guest

    I discovered that System.loadLibrary will search both
    java.library.path and the jar for a dll.

    I'm pretty sure it did not do this back in the JDK 1.1 days.

    I know it did it in JDK 1.4 in JAWS.

    I wonder if anyone knows when this feature of searching the jar kicked
    in? Is this new with JDK 1.5?

    The key is you must not give the DLL a package name in the jar,

    and you must load it with just a single word e.g. System.loadLibrary(
    "nativepentium");

    not "nativepentium.dll" or any path info.

    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Aug 1, 2005