System.MissingFieldException: Field not found

Jo Yoshida

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=...-B2379ABE8CA7%40microsoft.com&rnum=1&filter=0

The above thread is old but has anyone come up with a solution to this
issue? The intermittent problem started after I added a UserControl that
contains a third party control.

The problem does not occur on my development workstation. But I have a
development site on the same server which hosts the production site. I
simply copy the executable from this site to the production site. Invariably
when I access the production site again for the first time, I get a compile
error. If I replace the dll again, the site works fine. But only for another
few days until I get the same exception.

Obviously the temporary fix is unacceptable.

Jo Yoshida

Further to my previous post, here's the problem described in another forum:

http://gotdotnet.com/community/messageboard/Thread.aspx?id=47141&Page=1&so=1

It appears this behavior occurs when a third party control is embedded in a
UserControl on non-development machines.

Anyone have any ideas? The application going down every few days is really
unacceptable. Thanks in advance.
Field not found: SmartSub.MenuBar.webMenu.

Exception Details: System.MissingFieldException: Field not found:
SmartSub.MenuBar.webMenu.

Source Error:

[No relevant source lines]

Source File: c:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET
Files\smartsub\c3628410\4e846907\y7d4qwa4.0.cs Line: 0

Stack Trace:

[MissingFieldException: Field not found: SmartSub.MenuBar.webMenu.]
ASP.MenuBar_ascx.__BuildControlTree(Control __ctrl) +0
ASP.MenuBar_ascx.FrameworkInitialize() in
c:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET
Files\smartsub\c3628410\4e846907\y7d4qwa4.0.cs:0
System.Web.UI.UserControl.InitializeAsUserControlInternal() +31
System.Web.UI.UserControl.InitializeAsUserControl(Page page) +15
ASP.Default_aspx.__BuildControlmenuBar() in C:\SmartSub\default.aspx:15
ASP.Default_aspx.__BuildControlformDefault() in
C:\SmartSub\default.aspx:14
ASP.Default_aspx.__BuildControlTree(Control __ctrl) in
C:\SmartSub\default.aspx:1
ASP.Default_aspx.FrameworkInitialize() in
c:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET
Files\smartsub\c3628410\4e846907\koa-hius.0.cs:0
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +84
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +18

System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionSte
p.Execute() +179
completedSynchronously) +87