    application? That means I need to capture mouse movement events
    whereever in every dialog or frame of the application.

    Thanks!
    terry, Oct 23, 2003

  2. terry

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 22 Oct 2003 21:13:14 -0700, (terry) wrote or
    quoted :

    >Could anyone tell me how to capture mouse movement event of the whole
    >application? That means I need to capture mouse movement events
    >whereever in every dialog or frame of the application.

    What happens if you add a MouseListener to the master JFrame?

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Oct 23, 2003

  3. terry

    terry Guest

    Roedy Green <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > On 22 Oct 2003 21:13:14 -0700, (terry) wrote or
    > quoted :
    >
    > >Could anyone tell me how to capture mouse movement event of the whole
    > >application? That means I need to capture mouse movement events
    > >whereever in every dialog or frame of the application.

    > What happens if you add a MouseListener to the master JFrame?

    If I enter a modal dialog from the frame, mouse events stop to be captured.
    terry, Oct 24, 2003
  4. terry () wrote:
    : Could anyone tell me how to capture mouse movement event of the whole
    : application? That means I need to capture mouse movement events
    : whereever in every dialog or frame of the application.

    I dont think there is any really simple solution to this. Why do you
    need to do it?

    I would suggest that you look up how the awt event queue is handled
    and try to hook into it (push a new event queue that you control
    perhaps).

    /robo
    Robert Olofsson, Oct 24, 2003