System.Net.Mail.MailMessage TransferEncoding

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Gerald S., Jan 11, 2006.

  1. Gerald S.

    Gerald S. Guest

    MailMessage message = new MailMessage(from, to);
    message.Body = "Message body";
    message.BodyEncoding = System.Text.Encoding.UTF8;
    message.Subject = "Subject";
    message.SubjectEncoding = System.Text.Encoding.UTF8;

    When the above message is sent, it's encoded by default with "base64",
    according to
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/system.net.mail.mailmessage.bodyencoding.aspx.

    Now I'd like to have the message encoded with "quoted-printable". Is there
    any way to achieve this?

    For example, Outlook Express uses quoted-printable with utf-8 by default.
    Why can't I set TransferEncoding for the message body in ASP.NET 2.0?

    Thanks

    Gerald S., Jan 11, 2006