    situation, but no replies.

    Anybody have an idea? I am pretty desperate at this point.

    Thanks

    Tolga Erdogus, Nov 12, 2003

  2. Tolga Erdogus

    MSFT Guest

    Hi Tolga,

    Besides the web service, will your application access outter resource like
    web page or database? addtionally, did you cal the web service in
    asynchronous mode?

    Luke
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)

    MSFT, Nov 13, 2003

  3. Hi,

    my winforms application does not reference any database calls or other
    resources such as web pages. The only thing it makes calls to is a web
    service that I wrote.
    I had been playing around with asynch calls to this web service but was
    receiving some exceptions that I couldn't understand so for a while that
    code is commented out and replaced with a synch call to the web service.

    Lately, after the first call to the web service if I just wait for a while I
    get a null reference exception caused by
    ""System.Net.Sockets.OverlappedAsyncResult.CompletionPortCallback" in
    system.dll.

    After that point my local web service proxy object hangs whenever I make a
    nother call to it.

    Thanks

    Tolga Erdogus, Nov 13, 2003
  4. Tolga Erdogus