System.Net.Sockets.OverlappedAsyncResult.CompletionPortCallback

Tolga Erdogus

Until recently everything was working just great with my webservice. It
mainly just gets simple parameters passed to it, runs some queries and
returns datasets.

Just a few days ago, out of the blue, my client winform app started randomly
hanging. I mean, you leave it alone for a while and when you come back to
it, there is some kind of NullReference Exception. It's not in any code
that I wrote (I might be the cause, though). It's throwing
"System.Net.Sockets.OverlappedAsyncResult.CompletionPortCallback".

Searching google, I found a couple of references to the exact same
situation, but no replies.

Anybody have an idea? I am pretty desperate at this point.

Thanks

MSFT

Hi Tolga,

Besides the web service, will your application access outter resource like
web page or database? addtionally, did you cal the web service in
asynchronous mode?

Luke
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

Tolga Erdogus

Hi,

my winforms application does not reference any database calls or other
resources such as web pages. The only thing it makes calls to is a web
service that I wrote.
I had been playing around with asynch calls to this web service but was
receiving some exceptions that I couldn't understand so for a while that
code is commented out and replaced with a synch call to the web service.

Lately, after the first call to the web service if I just wait for a while I
get a null reference exception caused by
""System.Net.Sockets.OverlappedAsyncResult.CompletionPortCallback" in
system.dll.

After that point my local web service proxy object hangs whenever I make a
nother call to it.

Thanks