System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by kuladeep.mohan@gmail.com, Mar 24, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi
    I am trying to consume a web service from asp.net web page through
    HTTP POST method and I am getting the following error message

    "System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (500)
    Internal Server Error."

    I have been searchign the web and followed all the options which worked

    for others

    1. Changed the web.config of the web service to accomodate HttpPost
    <webServices>
    <protocols>
    <add name="HttpGet"/>
    <add name="HttpPost"/>
    </protocols>
    </webServices>

    2. Used the HttpRequest.Credentials =
    CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials;

    I am not sure what is wrong there it fails while the request is sent to

    the web service. The web service works fine with other web clients

    Let me know your ideas

    thanks
    Mohan

    , Mar 24, 2006