System.NullReferenceException occurred in Unknown Module

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by William, Aug 10, 2004.

  1. William

    William Guest

    I have seen many other posts about this error:

    "An unhandled exception of type 'System.NullReferenceException'
    occurred in Unknown Module.

    Additional information: Object reference not set to an instance of an
    object."

    And if you break it informs you that "there is not source code
    available for the current location".

    However all of them related to a certain application type and it was
    recommended that they reinstall the Visual Studio .NET. However I
    have made multiple applications of the same type (Windows Application
    in VB) and they all compiled flawlessly. When I first encountered
    this error in my programm I went through and put a try catch clause in
    nearly ever function. It did not catch the error and I have finally
    traced the bug to occur only when I click a control whose event
    handeler is set using this line of code:

    AddHandler aPalette.HostGroupBox.Click, AddressOf ClickHandler

    Now there is a linked list of objects that all use the same click
    handeler and the error only seems to occur directly after the form
    appears so perhaps it is still adding the handeler. Also, the
    application runs fine if I click continue after the error. If anyone
    has encountered this error or has any advice on it, I would greatly
    appreciate it.

    Thanks,

    William

    William, Aug 10, 2004