System process failed to die on Windows Server 2003

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Brian Wakem, Apr 23, 2007.

  1. Brian Wakem

    Brian Wakem Guest

    I am unfortunate enough to have to automate Word on Windows Server 2003.

    The WINWORD.EXE processes are being launched as the user SYSTEM, pressumable
    because Apache (which is automating it through mod_perl) is running as
    SYSTEM.

    kill 9, $pid does not seem to be able to kill SYSTEM processes even when my
    reaper is running as Administrator.

    Win32::process::KillProcess($pid, $exitcode) also fails with a permission
    denied message.

    I guess my question is this:

    How do I kill system process from Perl as the Administrator.

    My experience is all Linux and I am new to Windows servers. This may best
    be asked in a Window newsgroup but I am looking for a Perl specific answer
    so I think here is my best bet.

    --
    Brian Wakem

    Brian Wakem, Apr 23, 2007