    Is there any set of specific instuctions/ classes meant for system
    programming???

    Please try to solve the problem.

    Parvsandhu, Jul 9, 2005

  2. On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 23:11:21 -0700, Parvsandhu wrote:

    > Is there any criteria to judge whether the code is of system
    > programming or application programming??
    >
    > Is there any set of specific instuctions/ classes meant for system
    > programming???
    >
    > Please try to solve the problem.

    If you can do it in java, it is unlikely to be system programming ;)

    --
    You can't run away forever,

    Stefan Schulz, Jul 9, 2005

  3. Parvsandhu wrote:
    > Is there any criteria to judge whether the code is of system
    > programming or application programming??
    >
    > Is there any set of specific instuctions/ classes meant for system
    > programming???

    I am sure there is some computer science taxonomy drawing a line
    somewhere. However, I am not aware of one. But, as a rule of thumb:

    It it is close to the operating system (requires close interaction, many
    OS system calls), part of the operating system, or close to the hardware
    then it is very likely system programming.

    Please note that Java is not well suited for the above mentioned things.

    > Please try to solve the problem.

    Your homework, eh? If it is homework, you better dig up a formal
    definition from some computer science book.

    /Thomas

    --
    The comp.lang.java.gui FAQ:

    Thomas Weidenfeller, Jul 11, 2005