System resource exceeded.

Roberto Ortolano

Hello

one of our servers (win2k adv server, IIS5, MDAC 2.8, full patched),
once a day in the afternoon starts giving this error on every site
that uses asp:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '8007000e'
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] System resource exceeded.

the memory used goes from 800Kb to 1,5Gb (1Gb of physical ram
available), and even though the cpu used isn't 100% we need to reboot
because everything dramatically slows down.

There are many sites hosted on this server and we never had this
problem before... The culprit must be one of the new sites then.

Is there a practical way to find out which site is the culprit?

Thanks

Ray at home

You may have too many open connections to your DB. Access can only handle
so much. Try going through your code and make sure you are closing and
destroying your connections immediately after they are no longer needed.
Also switch from ODBC to OLE DB using a connection string from
www.connectionstrings.com.

Ray at home