    that time it is throwing exception like following

    System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800A1066)

    can any one help me regarding this.
    akshar108, Sep 15, 2007

  2. "akshar108" <u37462@uwe> wrote in message news:783f955f1cd23@uwe...

    >I m using Office 10.0 Com library for power point and for word application
    >in
    > my Web application but when i run it through web server of web hosting
    > site
    > that time it is throwing exception like following
    >
    > System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800A1066)
    >
    > can any one help me regarding this.

    Server-side Office automation isn't supported by Microsoft because, as you
    have discovered, it doesn't work:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q257757#kb2

    Depending on what your exact requirements are, this will be your only
    option:
    http://www.aspose.com/Products/Aspose.Words/Default.aspx
    http://www.aspose.com/Products/Aspose.Slides/Default.aspx

    --
    Mark Rae
    ASP.NET MVP
    Mark Rae [MVP], Sep 15, 2007

  3. akshar108

    akshar108 Guest

    but if i want to use free component then how can i count word of doc, ppt
    files and do u know any technique for count word of pdf file in .net then
    please say me

    akshar108, Sep 15, 2007
  4. "akshar108" <u37462@uwe> wrote in message news:7840ea68455d9@uwe...

    >>Server-side Office automation isn't supported by Microsoft because, as you
    >>have discovered, it doesn't work:
    >>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q257757#kb2
    >>
    >>Depending on what your exact requirements are, this will be your only
    >>option:
    >>http://www.aspose.com/Products/Aspose.Words/Default.aspx
    >>http://www.aspose.com/Products/Aspose.Slides/Default.aspx

    > but if i want to use free component then how can i count word of doc, ppt
    > files and do u know any technique for count word of pdf file in .net then

    You'll have to look for a free component to do this - I don't know of one...

    However, Aspose will do everything you require...

    --
    Mark Rae
    ASP.NET MVP
    Mark Rae [MVP], Sep 15, 2007