System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?cGF1bA==?=, Oct 1, 2004.

  1. I just installed Windows XP SP2 on my web server.
    Now when I run one of the web applications I get the following error:

    ArgumentException: Illegal characters in path.]

    System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.HasIllegalCharacters(String[]
    str) +276

    System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.AddPathList(FileIOPermissionAccess
    access, String[] pathListOrig, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean
    needFullPath, Boolean copyPathList) +88
    System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission..ctor(FileIOPermissionAccess
    access, String path) +66
    System.Windows.Forms.Application.get_StartupPath() +167

    This happens when I call the following line of code:

    Application.StartupPath

    The correct value should be 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322'.

    which appears fine on a non-xp sp2 machine. the function writes to a file
    on the web server.
    Any ideas, it must be some sort of file access setting that was 'enabled'
    before the SP but can't find any help on MS support.

    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    thanks

    paul

    =?Utf-8?B?cGF1bA==?=, Oct 1, 2004