System.Security.SecurityException: Permission denied Error while invoking methods in a Component

stephen

Hi,
I am getting an error while trying to create an excel file.
by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission
please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust
level in the configuration file.
Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Permission denied"

This is what I am doing. we had an app that was written in VB to take
specific dates and create an excel file.
I am using the dll in my .NET app but it displays the error while writing
the file...

I am sure that I have used regsrv32 to register the DLL

any suggestions,
Stephen

Kumar Reddi

you said you are using the COM server DLL directly in .net? If thats
what you are doing.. you need to create an interop assembly before you
can access the methods in that dll

Please let me know if I understoof your question incorrectly

Nicole Calinoiu

Are you trying to run the application over the network? If so, see
http://blogs.msdn.com/shawnfa/archive/2003/06/20/57023.aspx. (If you're
using version 2.0 of the .NET framework, ClickOnce is another option for
permissions elevation.)

If you're not attempting to run the applicaiton over the network, could you
please post the complete exception details (including call stack listing),
as returned from its ToString method?

stephen

Hi Kumar and Nicole,

This is how I am working on this project. I have a DLL given to me by
another developer that generates Excel files and he created it using VB6.
I registered it on my box, referenced it and I am trying to use it
This is the error I am getting along with stack trace:

by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission
please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust
level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Permission denied

[SecurityException: Permission denied]
CBAS_DTStoExcel.CBQueryDTStoExcelClass.set_OutPath(Object ) +0
cbas.QueryDB.ExportToExcel(DateTime dBeginDate, DateTime dEndDate) in
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\CBAS_Deploy\QueryDB.aspx.vb:74
cbas.QueryDB.btnRunReport_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\CBAS_Deploy\QueryDB.aspx.vb:53
eventArgument) +57
sourceControl, String eventArgument) +18
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +217
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +18
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute()
+179
completedSynchronously) +87

Nicole Calinoiu

It looks like your ASP.NET application is not probably not running with
unrestricted CAS permissions (aka full trust). Unless you have restricted
CAS permissions via your own application's web.config file, adjusting this
is a task for the server administrator. (If you are in shared hosting, it's
likely that the administrator will be unwilling to increase your
application's permissions, and you may need to move to dedicated hosting.)