System.Threading.ThreadAbortException, mscorlib.dll, ASP.NET 2.0, Firefox Crashing

mwallis76

Upon clicking on a hyperlink generated in a ASP.NET GridView control,
I am finding Firefox 1.5 to crash. However, when clicking on the same
link, Internet Explorer 6.0 works just fine and is redirected to the
page as expected. I was only able to see this particular error once
but have continued to follow the advice by others when dealing with
any usage of Response.Redirect:

A first chance exception of type
'System.Threading.ThreadAbortException' occurred in mscorlib.dll

For all Response.Redirect invocations, i have provided a wrapper
method to accept the calling page's HttpResponse and URL, where I
invoke the response's Redirect method with false passed in as the
second parameter. I even have this code wrapped in a try / catch
statement and still having Firefox crashing.

I put a breakpoint on the OnInit and OnLoad methods in both the
hosting page and the page being redirected to and found firefox
crashing before the hosting page's OnInit method is hit.

Note the web application has been up for several months and has now
started to behave this way.

Michael

senfo

Upon clicking on a hyperlink generated in a ASP.NET GridView control,
I am finding Firefox 1.5 to crash. However, when clicking on the same
link, Internet Explorer 6.0 works just fine and is redirected to the
page as expected. I was only able to see this particular error once
but have continued to follow the advice by others when dealing with
any usage of Response.Redirect:

A first chance exception of type
'System.Threading.ThreadAbortException' occurred in mscorlib.dll

Have you looked at the HTML generated by the GridView control?

Either way, the error message you pasted is a .NET exception. Firefox
is not written in .NET, so if you see that error message it sounds
server side.